Saturday, September 02, 2006

Testimonial from Salil Mehta (Friend)

Neeraj has always enlightened me and added rays of brightness to my life, since the early days when we met. We had so much in common, and while he was younger than me, I always felt that he would grow to be a remarkable individual and a good friend. He used to live down the hall from me in the open-air hallway settings of Gateway. I could always rely on him to be awake and bounce into my apartment at 3AM to help me finish off dinner and listen to the latest music. He impressed on me a sense of fashion and style and worldliness that only comes from an intelligent upbringing.

While we moved apart physically, many years ago, I have had the chance to see and hear from Neeraj periodically and have always stayed in touch. A moment with Neeraj was guaranteed to include some sort of snickering and story telling (which you may or may not want to hear) and sometimes "that look" of a 70s cop on a motorcycle, with those really, really large sunglasses. I will always miss Neeraj, and I am truly sad and shocked about what happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home