Sunday, September 03, 2006

Tribute from Yuna Kim (Classmate)

When I first joined Kodai in 10th grade I was a little intimidated and nervous about adjusting to the new environment. Wasn't sure what the place was going to be like and how I would make friends with anyone. One day I was hanging out at the covered courts and this guy comes all enraged and starts complaining to his friends that "those damn Koreans hog up the basketball court all the time!!!" (or somewhere along the lines of that - you get the picture). So I made a mental note that he either 1) is angry about life in general or 2) is not very fond of Koreans so perhaps I need to avoid him for the rest of the school year.

A couple days later I couldn't find a classroom and was walking around the quad when that same guy (the guy I was suppose to avoid!) comes along and offers to walk me to class. Yes, that guy was Neeraj! Neeraj showed me where I had to go, asked me how I was adjusting and assured me that I would like Kodai. He was so nice and sweet. I still remember telling Daniella (who was my roomie) that night that there is someone in our class who has a very nice smile.

Yes, Neeraj was funny and yes, Neeraj was loud, but I think he was being extra funny and extra loud just to keep his sweetness in perspective. He tried to fool us, but I guess none of us were really fooled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home