Monday, September 18, 2006

Celebration of Neeraj

Thought will keep u folks in on y'day's gathering...

The celebration was a blast! So many of his friends turned up and they all had funny crazy stories of Neeraj. We all laughed a lot and cried a little! June Blotnik from Carolina Clean Air Coalition who had organised the event said that Neeraj is with us today as the day was very beautiful, she spotted a red squirrel (which is rare in this part) and a pretty butterfly came and sat on the food table for a while. Nikola's presence was the highlight of the evening - she walked (aided by a walker ) all the way from the parking lot to the venue to join her crazy husband's celebration....must applaud the strong girl...and the guys from Namaste India restaurant sent so much food for everyone.... also it was so heartening to see that he was a true Global Citizen - the gathering had folks from so many different cultures and nationalities.

And he was toasted anywhere and everywhere - at my uncle's home in B'ham, UK, my sister in Calif. threw a barbeque party, at my village Salej in Gujarat, they drank butter milk (dry compulsions!) and I know u folks must hv. said cheers to him...Priya had promised me she will.....it was his day and we slept good....

I am attaching his photograph to which his best friend Kim Vu, a wonderful girl, toasted to the free spirit of my baby....mark the word 'volunteer' on his T shirt! This was shot in June 2003 at the bank of river Rhone by my cousin Aarti who lives in S. France.

I take this opportunity to thank June Blotnick, Crista Wagner and all the wonderful folks who came and shared beautiful memories of Neeraj.

Warm Regards,
Bhasker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home