Monday, October 16, 2006

Diksha's Visit to Charlotte

I was in Charlotte over the weekend of October 14-16 to visit Nikola...Each time I get there, I feel like a part of my heart is left behind. The weekend was beautiful...bright sunshine, little bit of wind, birds chirping...it was beautiful! The first visit, I left knowing I had made new friends in Charlotte, this second visit, has left me with even more friends and a determination to live my life to its fullest! Nikola looks wonderful! Her smile is as cheerful as ever...and we know that either I must have been Czech or she was Indian in her earlier life ;)

I must tell you all of a funny incident - we were left speechless. The Saturday after I arrived, Nikola, Ileana, Lien and I went out for brunch. (Pls notice our United Nations table!) After hanging out for a while, sipping coffee in the sun, we decided it was time to get moving. We asked for the check and were informed that the gentleman who were dining next to us had payed for our meal and left! There were two guys sitting there eating, we didn't talk to them - there was no flirting - we were simply busy catching up and appreciating the time we all had with each other...we were enjoying the moment and these guys had paid for our meal. They didn't leave a card, wanted no gratitude...they did a little thing and it was just a wonderful way to start the weekend...just a little thing and it surprised us with its thoughtfulness! There was a newspaper left on their table, and yes, we did run through the pages thinking...hmmmm...maybe they might have left a clue and we could mail them a thank you card! But alas...nothing! Neeraj must have been really amused!

The rest of the weekend just went from there. Nikola was super woman as she walked over uneven grounds at the Renaissance Festival...we hung out at Robert/Radim's place on Saturday evening (Martin and Jugo performed!), went for a picnic on Sunday (with Macho)...it was a PERFECT weekend...

Ileana, Lien and John will be in NY over the November 9th weekend - I can't wait to see them! Nikola, my sis...we've got our plans! You're a shining star and I'm so lucky to know youl!

Thanks for opening up your homes and hearts!

love,

Diksha











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home